- 1/2 pound yellow onions (about 3 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned. Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs, water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Onion Yorkshire Puddings
"Has anyone tried this in a single pan? Maybe a nine inch square pan or a 10 inch pie plate?"
"Love this and Yorkshire pudding. One could put these in the middle of a nice big popover too. Popovers can be filled with so many things. : )"
"I was afraid to try this and finally did. It was so easy and everyone loved it! I didn't change a single thing."
"Made this for Christmas, it was delicious."
"I make these alot for my family for dinner as a side dish. They are so yummy and are a nice variation to just a plain yorkshire pudding."