Onion Yorkshire Puddings Recipe
"This easy recipe is a cross between traditional Yorksire pudding and popovers that makes a great complement to prime rib. We also like it with beef stew and steak. Make more than you need because everyone loves them."
- 1/2 pound yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned. Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs, water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Yorkshire Puddings in Taste of Home December/January 2008, p17
Reviews for Onion Yorkshire Puddings(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >