- 1/2 pound yellow onions (about 3 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in butter until tender but not browned. Divide among eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Whisk the eggs, water and milk; whisk into flour mixture just until blended. Pour 1/4 cup into each ramekin.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Onion Yorkshire Puddings
Sort By :
"I was afraid to try this and finally did. It was so easy and everyone loved it! I didn't change a single thing."
"Made this for Christmas, it was delicious."
"I make these alot for my family for dinner as a side dish. They are so yummy and are a nice variation to just a plain yorkshire pudding."
"After trying traditional yorkshire pudding for my South African born husband, we determined that these are much better and much easier!! We've made these many times since the initial publication."
"I made these last night.. they were delicious but the onions didn't float to the top like the picture?>"