Onion Turkey Meatballs
"This is one of my 'experiments'," says Regina Davis of Griffin, Georgia. "I came up with it when trying to figure out a new taste for ground turkey, since we eat a lot of it. But I didn't want to run to the grocery store, so I used ingredients I had on hand. It's now one of our family's favorites."
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, and half of the soup mix.
- Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all
- sides and a meat thermometer reads 165°; drain. Stir in 2-1/2
- cups water and remaining soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining water until smooth;
- gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6