- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, and half of the soup mix. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs in batches until browned on all sides and a meat thermometer reads 165°; drain. Stir in 2-1/2 cups water and remaining soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining water until smooth; gradually add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Onion Turkey Meatballs
"Good recipe but can use something to give ti a little more taste. Will add some spices next time."
"easy and yummy! Added a scoop of sour cream for more decadence and stroganoff-ness."
"This is a standby favorite in our house. The whole family likes it and I usually have the ingredients on-hand."