Onion Trio Salad Recipe
Onion lovers might have a difficult time resisting this zippy side salad from our Test Kitchen. A homemade Greek-style vinaigrette complements the fresh veggie combination.
- 6 fresh pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- GREEK VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Place pearl onions in a microwave-safe bowl; add water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and peel.
- 2. In a serving bowl, combine the red onion, cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes, green onions and pearl onions. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup equals 150 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat.
Reviews for Onion Trio Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC