“This is a really different recipe, but I love onions and my curiosity got the best of me...so I tried it. It's surprisingly good! I plan on fixing this often.” Priscilla Gilbert - Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the leeks, onions and green onions in oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, 5-10 minutes longer or until onions are golden brown. Meanwhile, prepare linguine according to package directions.
- Add the broth, currants and vinegar to the onion mixture; bring to a boil. Add cream and salt; cook, for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in the arugula, cheese and thyme. Drain linguine; toss with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Trio Pasta in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p15
Reviews for Onion Trio Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review