Onion Topping for Sausages
Here’s a great onion recipe I’ve been making for many years. It’s a hit served over hot dogs or any kind of sausage. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in butter and oil
- until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until liquid
- is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Serve warm. Yield: 2/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 72 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.