Onion-Topped Hot Dish Recipe
With ground beef, vegetables, potatoes and onion rings, one hearty serving of this dish satisfies hunger in a hurry.—Marilisa Fagerlind, Glidden, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 20 frozen large onion rings
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the vegetables, soup, mozzarella cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with potatoes; drizzle with butter. Top with seasoned salt and onion rings.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 654 calories, 37 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,006 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC