Onion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half. Place pork and water in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Spread butter over meat. Combine the sage, parsley, pepper, garlic, oregano and salt; sprinkle over meat. Top with onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Let meat stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 227 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (trace sugars, trace fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:4 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Onion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast
"This was okay, but nothing special to anyone in my family."
"This was really moist and we really liked it. I would not put as much spices on the top though, it seemed too much and too strong."
"Wonderful flavor and so tender!"
"The meat was extremely tender and moist however my husband said I need to cut the sage in half next time."
"Enjoy slow cooker recipes like this one, makes my day easier, very tasty."
"I use bone-in for better flavor. This is very rich-yum !"
"I made this pork roast for Easter dinner this year. It came out so tender and juicy and everyone loved it!"
"This was fabulous - so tender and moist."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.