Onion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 1. Cut roast in half. Place pork and water in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Spread butter over meat. Combine the sage, parsley, pepper, garlic, oregano and salt; sprinkle over meat. Top with onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Let meat stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat with about 2 tablespoons gravy (calculated without browning sauce) equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Onion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.