- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Cut roast in half. Place pork and water in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Spread butter over meat. Combine the sage, parsley, pepper, garlic, oregano and salt; sprinkle over meat. Top with onion. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, thicken cooking juices. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Let meat stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion-Topped Herbed Pork Roast
Sort By :
This was really moist and we really liked it. I would not put as much spices on the top though, it seemed too much and too strong.
Wonderful flavor and so tender!
The meat was extremely tender and moist however my husband said I need to cut the sage in half next time.
Enjoy slow cooker recipes like this one, makes my day easier, very tasty.
I use bone-in for better flavor. This is very rich-yum !