"I throw together this saucy combination of tender chicken and potatoes when family or friends come to visit," relates Kay Faust of Deerwood, Minnesota. "French-fried onions add golden crunch to the casserole," she notes.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Arrange potatoes
- around chicken. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over chicken and
- potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Sprinkle
- with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 619 calories, 27 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.