"I throw together this saucy combination of tender chicken and potatoes when family or friends come to visit," relates Kay Faust of Deerwood, Minnesota. "French-fried onions add golden crunch to the casserole," she notes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Place chicken in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Arrange potatoes around chicken. Combine soup and sour cream; spread over chicken and potatoes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Sprinkle with onions; bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Topped Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p9
Reviews for Onion-Topped Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2012
"Everyone in my family really liked this. It was extremely easy. I used Eastern potatoes and 98% Fat Free soup. The sauce is very good over the potatoes. Definitely a keeper!"