Onion Tomato Soup Recipe
"Fresh herbs really make the difference in the flavor of this low-fat vegetarian soup," notes Lisa Blackwell from Henderson, North Carolina. "It tastes especially delicious when it's could out," she adds.
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-2/3 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups diced seeded plum tomatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the tomato juice, water, basil, oregano, sugar and celery salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the tomatoes; cook 10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 82 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Onion Tomato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC