Onion Swiss Loaf Recipe
This is one of our favorite bread recipes. I hope you enjoy it just as much as our family and friends do.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large sweet or yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mustard and lemon juice; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Brush cut sides of bread with some of the butter from the pan. Spoon onion mixture onto bread bottom; top with cheese. Replace bread top.
- 3. Wrap loaf in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 413 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 516 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC