Onion Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the steak. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness; drain,. Stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Brush oil over cut side of rolls; fill with steak mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 402 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Onion Steak Sandwiches
"This just didn't have enough flavor. There are too many other recipes like this to try to make this one again. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't good enough."