- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the steak. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness; drain,. Stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Brush oil over cut side of rolls; fill with steak mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Onion Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
This just didn't have enough flavor. There are too many other recipes like this to try to make this one again. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't good enough.
More Recipe Collections
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >