"My husband, Harold, and I like to have these delicious steak sandwiches for dinner as a change of pace," relates sharon Crider from her kitchen in Junction City, Kansas
Recommended: 36 Ways to Love Toast
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the steak. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness; drain,. Stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Brush oil over cut side of rolls; fill with steak mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Onion Steak Sandwiches in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p33
Reviews for Onion Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2011
"This just didn't have enough flavor. There are too many other recipes like this to try to make this one again. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't good enough."