- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender; add the steak. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness; drain,. Stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Brush oil over cut side of rolls; fill with steak mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Onion Steak Sandwiches
Sort By :
This just didn't have enough flavor. There are too many other recipes like this to try to make this one again. It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't good enough.