Onion Soup with Sausage Recipe
- 1/2 pound pork sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms and onion; cook for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Ladle into four 2-cup ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 378 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 1325mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Onion Soup with Sausage
"I did not like this very much. I felt it had a greasy taste from the sausage. However, I left out the mushrooms, so maybe it would be better for people who like mushrooms to make as written."
"Simple to make and very tasty...especially on a cold day. Add a soup or salad and you're good to go."