- 1/2 pound pork sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mushrooms and onion; cook for 4-6 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into four 2-cup ovenproof bowls. Top each with a slice of bread; sprinkle with cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Onion Soup with Sausage
"I did not like this very much. I felt it had a greasy taste from the sausage. However, I left out the mushrooms, so maybe it would be better for people who like mushrooms to make as written."
"Simple to make and very tasty...especially on a cold day. Add a soup or salad and you're good to go."