Onion Sausage Quesadillas Recipe
- 3 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in brown sugar. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, 1 cup Swiss cheese and onion mixture. Place four tortillas on two greased baking sheets; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese. Top with sausage mixture, and remaining cheese and tortillas.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Onion Sausage Quesadillas in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p15
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Onion Sausage Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >