Onion Sausage Quesadillas Recipe
My husband and I created this recipe after we realized you could add anything to caramelized onions and it would taste great. These are easy to whip up, and the filling can be made ahead of time.—Lisa Harrington, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 3 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- In a large skillet, cook onions in butter over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in brown sugar. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage, 1 cup Swiss cheese and onion mixture. Place four tortillas on two greased baking sheets; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Swiss cheese. Top with sausage mixture, and remaining cheese and tortillas.
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Onion Sausage Quesadillas in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p15
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Onion Sausage Quesadillas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >