Onion Salisbury Steak Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on one side. Turn and add onions. Cook until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- 2. Place toast on serving plates. Top each slice with onions and a beef patty; keep warm.
- 3. Stir flour into skillet until blended. Gradually add water; stir in bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with meat and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 1,092 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Onion Salisbury Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.