- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; shape into four oval patties. In a large skillet, brown patties on one side. Turn and add onions. Cook until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Place toast on serving plates. Top each slice with onions and a beef patty; keep warm.
- Stir flour into skillet until blended. Gradually add water; stir in bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with meat and onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Onion Salisbury Steak
Sort By :
These were simple to make and had a nice hearty appeal. We both liked them!
These are great! I used McCormicks brown gravy instead and placed the patties on toasted garlic bread.
Yummy, easy, & economical!
Fabulous. My husband adores this. You can use less bouillon if it's too strong for you.