Onion Rye Breadsticks
An envelope of onion soup mix provides the fast flavor you'll find in these rye snacks from Barbara Brown of Kentwood, Michigan. "They're an easy accompaniment to soup or salad when time's at a premium," she writes. "The buttery mixture is terrific on multi-grain bread, too."
28 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 14 slices rye bread
- Combine butter and soup mix; spread over bread. Cut each slice into
- 3/4-in. strips and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 5-6 minutes or until butter is melted and breadsticks
- are crisp. Yield: about 7 dozen.