Onion Rye Appetizers Recipe
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) crumbled bacon or 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the onions, bacon, mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce on each slice of bread. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- 2. Cover and freeze in a single layer for up to 2 months, or bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- 3. To use frozen appetizers: Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 serving (3 each) equals 697 calories, 42 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,574 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.