Onion Rye Appetizers Recipe
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, crushed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) crumbled bacon or 3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- In a large bowl, combine the onions, bacon, mayonnaise and Swiss cheese. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pizza sauce on each slice of bread. Top with about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Cover and freeze in a single layer for up to 2 months, or bake on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To use frozen appetizers: Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Onion Rye Appetizers(6)
Sort By :
I made these and froze them then cooked them for company. Everyone enjoyed them and they were great
It was a favorite! I could not find the party rye, so used regular rye bread and
cut each slice into fourths. Very flavorful
and moist. Loved it!!!!
I make them every Christmas for an appetizer party at my mother's house. They are sooooo good! Like mini pizzas but better!
Oh my goodness - these were awesome! So easy to make and full of flavor. The kids went crazy over these. My only change to this recipe was that I used snack sourdough bread as that is what I had on hand. Will be making these again and again.
tomatoes is great!