Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides of steak. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 208 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak
"Just made this for the second time tonight and it is wonderful! The steak is always tender and flavorful. I don't like rosemary so I just substituted oregano and it came out great."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.