Onion-Rubbed Flank Steak
This was always our three children's favorite. I'd set the table with china, crystal and cloth napkins, then serve this steak along with baked potatoes, a salad, a vegetable and rolls. —Margaret Grant of Russellville, Arkansas
6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Broil: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; brush over both sides
- of steak. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and
- refrigerate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Place steak on a broiler pan. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice across the grain.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked beef) equals 208 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.