Slightly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these potatoes are a hit with the family. This side dish is one of my favorites because the soup mix glazes the potatoes so nicely and it's very simple to prepare.
-Schelby Thompson, Camden Wyoming, Delaware
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag; shake until well
- coated. Empty bag into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover
- and bake at 350° for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover
- and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.