Onion Rice Casserole
Stuttgart, Arkansas is the rice capital of America—and I've been there many times. It's a good thing my family enjoys rice as much as I do!—Dorothy Smith, El Dorado, Arkansas
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Combine all ingredients in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Microwave at 50% power for 11
- minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Fluff with a fork.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.