Onion Potato Pie Recipe
I found the basic potato pie recipe in a cookbook and added the sweet onions, for which our area is famous. I've used this recipe for brunches and as a side dish for a main meal.
- 8 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. Gently squeeze potatoes to remove excess water. Melt 5 tablespoons butter; add to potatoes along with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Press in bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate to form a crust. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute the onion and red pepper in remaining butter until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Spoon into crust; sprinkle with cheese. Combine the eggs, milk and remaining salt; pour over onion mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 228 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 432mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Onion Potato Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC