Onion Potato Pancakes Recipe
"WHEN Grandma prepared potato pancakes, she used an old-fashioned grater, great for potatoes but not for knuckles! With homemade applesauce, this sauce, this side dish complements a meal so well. I made these pancakes for my family and often served them as a main dish for light suppers.
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a blender or food processor, place the eggs, onion, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and 1/2 cup of potatoes. Cover and process on high until smooth. Add parsley and remaining potatoes; cover and pulse 2-4 times until potatoes are chopped. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons oil onto a hot griddle or skillet. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten slightly to a 4-in. to 5-in. diameter. Cook over medium heat until golden on both sides. Add oil as needed until all pancakes are cooked. Yield: 6-8 servings (12 pancakes).
1 serving (2 each) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC