Onion Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. In a blender or food processor, place the eggs, onion, flour, salt, pepper, baking powder and 1/2 cup of potatoes. Cover and process on high until smooth. Add parsley and remaining potatoes; cover and pulse 2-4 times until potatoes are chopped. Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons oil onto a hot griddle or skillet. Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle; flatten slightly to a 4-in. to 5-in. diameter. Cook over medium heat until golden on both sides. Add oil as needed until all pancakes are cooked. Yield: 6-8 servings (12 pancakes).
2 each: 163 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Onion Potato Pancakes
"I love to have potato pancakes and applesauce with plenty of sour cream for dinner sometimes but hate to have to shred and keep them in water in order to have them done ahead of time. This recipe was a great way to do it, much easier. I made all it would make and cooled a few to freeze as an experiment. I thawed them for lunch by warming them in a lightly oiled skillet (about 10 minutes) and they were not even watery as potatoes can get now and then."
"Just what I've been looking for! Will be making them again and again!"