Onion Pork Tenderloins Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown tenderloins in oil on all sides. Sprinkle soup mix over the meat; add wine to the skillet. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, adding water to the skillet if needed. Remove tenderloins and keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with tenderloins. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Onion Pork Tenderloins
"I recommend adding the fresh mushrooms. Very good!"
"easy and taste great"
"SO simple but SO elegant! I use BOTH wine AND chicken broth instead of one or the other to make a super flavorful sauce. Other than that, it's good to go for family, company, or to take to someone who's in need of a meal. The sauce is good over potatoes or any vegetable you want to serve it with."
"This was ok...would not make it again."
"I would make double the amount of gravy. I used a sweet wine which added a nice fruity flavor to th gravy. It was to die for. I'm also going to try this with chicken breast and try it in the crock pot."
"I really enjoyed this one. I Have made it a few times. I had to use a little more cornstarch than suggested, and used all chicken broth, no water. It was really tasty."
"Made this for a family dinner. They fought over the last piece. Not too salty at all."
"We really enjoyed this!! It was very easy to make and tasted great. I did add a couple of sliced onions before simmering. The flavor was great! We're salt lovers so it wasn't too salty for us. If you don't like salt, then you should probably try a recipe that doesn't call for onion soup mix or try mixing up your own. Thanks so much for the recipe!!"