Onion Pork Tenderloins
This recipe came from my mom, and its the easiest "fancy" entree I've found. Sometimes I add sliced fresh mushrooms to the skillet with the pork. Fix frozen mashed potatoes and a bagged salad, and you can pull together an entire meal with little effort.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 to 1-1/4 pounds each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown tenderloins in oil on
- all sides. Sprinkle soup mix over the meat; add wine to the skillet.
- Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°, adding water to the skillet if needed.
- Remove tenderloins and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth;
- gradually stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with tenderloins. Yield: 8-10
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.