- 8-in. rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise, forming two 20-in. x 4-in.
- In a small bowl, combine the onion, butter, poppy seeds and salt.
- Spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Fold rectangles in
- half lengthwise; pinch seams to seal, forming two ropes. Place
- ropes, side by side, on a greased baking sheet; twist together and
- shape into a ring. Pinch ends together. Cover and let rise in a warm
- place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg. Sprinkle with additional poppy seeds. Bake at
- 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to
- a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 248 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.