For a different appetizer or snack, try these appealing "pizzas" from Mary Lou Wayman of Salt Lake City, Utah. With their mild blue cheese and onion flavor and crispy pita crust, they're sure to hit the spot with your favorite summer beverage.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pita bread (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a small skillet, cook onion in butter over low heat for 20-25 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, place pita bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a food processor, combine cottage cheese and blue cheese; cover and process until blended. Spread over pita bread; top with onion. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until heated through. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Onion Pita Pizza in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p39
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Onion Pita Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review