My grandmother and mother always make Onion Pie during the holidays but it's good anytime. This is a savory side dish that you can serve with most any meat or main course. It's especially good with roast beef.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 to 8 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft but not browned;
- drain well. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the bread crumbs,
- cheese, parsley and onions.
- Place in a greased 10-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes
- or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.