Onion Pie Recipe
My grandmother and mother always make Onion Pie during the holidays but it's good anytime. This is a savory side dish that you can serve with most any meat or main course. It's especially good with roast beef.
- 6 to 8 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft but not browned; drain well. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and onions.
- 2. Place in a greased 10-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 163 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC