- 6 to 8 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until soft but not browned; drain well. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Stir in the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley and onions.
- Place in a greased 10-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Onion Pie
Sort By :
"I've made this twice now for family get togethers and it was a hit both times. The first time the only change I made was omitting the parsley because we were out.The 2nd time, still omitted parsley, but I used 3 tbs of butter instead of 2 tbs canola oil and also salted the onions lightly to taste while cooking them in the pan before adding to egg mixture, and then sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top of the whole mixture just before placing it in the oven. We liked it even more this time and no left overs! Even my couple of kids who think they don't like onions came back for seconds. Delicious!"
"Delicious and economical!"
"My husband and I both really like this onion pie. Hope to make it often. It was so easy to half the recipe for the two of us."