Onion Peppered Roughy Recipe
- 6 orange roughy or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels; place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle fish with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute sweet peppers and onion in remaining butter until almost tender. Dollop fish with sour cream; top with vegetable mixture. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.