Onion Peppered Roughy
My family is Polish and it's custom to serve "meatless" meal on Christmas Eve. So I Tried this fish a few years ago. My family loved it. It's easy to make and very elegant, too.-Elizabeth Harrer of Lockport, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 orange roughy or whitefish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup each julienned sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Paprika, optional
- Pat fish fillets dry with paper towels; place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle fish with 1
- tablespoon butter; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered,
- at 350° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute sweet peppers and onion in remaining
- butter until almost tender. Dollop fish with sour cream; top with
- vegetable mixture. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 318 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber,