Onion Pepper Medley
Loretta Hill of Westminster, Maryland developed this crisp-tender combination as a quick-and-easy way to dress up an everyday sandwich. "It also helps us use up the abundance of fresh vegetables from our annual garden," she reports.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 large green peppers, julienned
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- microwave on high for 5-8 minutes or until peppers and onion are
- crisp-tender. Serve warm. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 298 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1 fat.