Onion Orange Salad
Tongues tingle after tasting all the bold flavors in this delightful salad. It's an eye-catching dish that's delicious and beautiful.
-Zita Wilensky, North Miami, Florida
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 cups torn spinach or mixed greens
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. On a serving
- platter or individual plates, arrange greens, oranges and onion.
- Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 162 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.