- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 cups torn spinach or mixed greens
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. On a serving platter or individual plates, arrange greens, oranges and onion. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Orange Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p33
Reviews for Onion Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013
This salad is great -- as they say -- it's a keeper! Enjoyed it very much -- you could also use pecans or walnuts.