Onion Orange Medley Recipe
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice, sugar, orange peel, cloves, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 107 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 fruit, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Onion Orange Medley
"This was good but not great. I served it with the flank steak on the same page."