Onion Orange Medley Recipe
“This is a very unusual salad that’s easy to prepare in a hurry,” confirms Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. “The combination of red onions and oranges is delicious and unique.”
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice, sugar, orange peel, cloves, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 107 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Onion Orange Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC