“This is a very unusual salad that’s easy to prepare in a hurry,” confirms Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. “The combination of red onions and oranges is delicious and unique.”
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice, sugar, orange peel, cloves, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Onion Orange Medley in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p8
Reviews for Onion Orange Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review