“This is a very unusual salad that’s easy to prepare in a hurry,” confirms Edie DeSpain of Logan, Utah. “The combination of red onions and oranges is delicious and unique.”
- 6 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, orange juice, sugar, orange peel, cloves, salt and pepper until blended. Drizzle over salad; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Onion Orange Medley in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p8
Reviews for Onion Orange Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 1, 2011
"This was good but not great. I served it with the flank steak on the same page."