- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, onion, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into 24 pieces. Flatten each piece into a 3-in. circle. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Onion Mustard Buns
Sort By :
"nice texture and color but just not for me."
"I tried these a couple nights ago to accompany goulash. They were even better today as a sandwich bread with salami and cream cheese! Very nice texture with noticeable yet subtle onion and mustard notes."
"This is one of my go to bread recipes! Instead of making rolls, I make a braided loaf of bread. The mustard makes the loaf a gorgeous yellow color. I get rave reviews whenever I make it."
"These are especially good with ham."