- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, garlic, salt and savory. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil over medium heat; drain. Stir in the soup, water, carrots, potatoes and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Onion Meatball Stew in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Reviews for Onion Meatball Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review