Onion Meat Loaf
"My husband and I really enjoy this delicious meat loaf," writes Rhonda Cowden. The Quincy, Illinois cook needs just five ingredients to assemble the easy entree before popping it in the slow cooker.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so
- they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up
- the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place
- loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6
- hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.