Onion Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1. Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Onion Meat Loaf
"Really easy to prepare and delicious. We did use barbecue sauce instead of catsup, just our preference. The foil made it really easy to lift out. We will have this again for sure!"
"I have made it in the crock pot and in the over, my family loved it."
"Tasty and easy! I substituted a pound of ground turkey for half of the ground beef and baked in a conventional oven at 375 for an hour. Turned out moist and was a hit with our family! Will definitely make again!"
"This meat loaf was second only to my grandmother's recipe. It was delicious and moist and it was nice to have the oven free for other dishes."
"This was great!! I added some diced red pepper and some leftover diced onion. So it was nice and onion-y! Didn't have oatmeal so I used 3 slices of white, whole-grain bread that I crumbled. Was super easy and delicious."
"It was a great recipe. I used 1 cup of bread crumbs instead of the oats and topped it with stewed tomatoes. It was super easy to make, a real crowd pleaser, and it was nice to come home to dinner already made. My kids said it was a keeper recipe."
"First time I have ever written a review, yet I use recipes off this web site all the time. Had to rate this one. It was great! Also added 1/2 cup of water and used beef onion soup mix instead of regular onion soup mix. Used my oven at 350 degrees for one hour instead of the slow cooker. Best meatloaf I have ever made and so easy."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.