"My husband and I really enjoy this delicious meat loaf," writes Rhonda Cowden. The Quincy, Illinois cook needs just five ingredients to assemble the easy entree before popping it in the slow cooker.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground beef
- Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Meat Loaf in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p41
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion Meat Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review