- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- Cut three 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, ketchup and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Using foil strips as handles, remove meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion Meat Loaf
Sort By :
This meat loaf was second only to my grandmother's recipe. It was delicious and moist and it was nice to have the oven free for other dishes.
This was great!! I added some diced red pepper and some leftover diced onion. So it was nice and onion-y! Didn't have oatmeal so I used 3 slices of white, whole-grain bread that I crumbled. Was super easy and delicious.
It was a great recipe. I used 1 cup of bread crumbs instead of the oats and topped it with stewed tomatoes. It was super easy to make, a real crowd pleaser, and it was nice to come home to dinner already made. My kids said it was a keeper recipe.
First time I have ever written a review, yet I use recipes off this web site all the time. Had to rate this one. It was great! Also added 1/2 cup of water and used beef onion soup mix instead of regular onion soup mix. Used my oven at 350 degrees for one hour instead of the slow cooker. Best meatloaf I have ever made and so easy.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >