Instead of having the same mashed potatoes, spice up your mashed potatoes with onions. They are so easy to make and compliment any main dish.—Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook onion and sugar in butter until golden, stirring frequently. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add milk, salt and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Onion Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p13
Reviews for Onion Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2010
"Was OK but not much flavor."