Onion Loose-Meat Sandwiches
With French onion soup, these sandwiches don't have the typical flavor of most sloppy joes. My sisters and I rely on this recipe from Mom on days when there's little time to cook. - Kathy Petorsky, Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 6 to 8 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced cheddar cheese and dill pickles, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually
- add soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- Spoon onto buns; top with cheese and pickles if desired. Yield: 6-8
For even more onion flavor, add 1/2 cup chopped onion to the filling of Onion-Loose-Meat Sandwiches.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 526 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.