Onion Kugel Recipe
This traditional dish from our Test Kitchen resembles a delicious souffle. Sliced eggplant, diced green pepper or shredded cabbage can be used in place of onions.
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1/3 cup matzo meal
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks on high speed for 2 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Add the onions, matzo meal, oil, salt and pepper; mix well.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form; fold into onion mixture. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Onion Kugel in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p189
Reviews for Onion Kugel(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review