Onion-Herb Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- 3. Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- 4. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 413 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Onion-Herb Pork Chops
"I doubled this and made four chops. Easy enough to prepare. I found there was too much of the crumb mixture. I might experiment with different herb combinations in the future."
"Loved this! Was short on time and didn't have bread crumbs handy, so I skipped them and just sprinkled the chops with parmesan. A delicious change from the mushroom soup-topped pork or the sweet pork recipes."
"This is so yummy and my apartment smelled so good while the onion mixture was simmering. I was out of Parmesan cheese, so I used crumbled feta. I loved this! Next time I'll make it with the Parm but will make it again with the feta, too!!"
"I gave it a big YES! Very tasty and portions good for 2."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.