Onion-Herb Pork Chops Recipe
Enjoy gourmet taste without all the work. “These pork chops have fabulous French flavor, plus they’re so simple to prepare!” says Brigetta Hughes from Van Meter, Iowa.
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Onion-Herb Pork Chops in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Onion-Herb Pork Chops(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >