- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Stir in the onion, broth, tarragon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In another skillet, brown chops over medium heat in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Spoon half of the onion mixture into a baking dish coated with cooking spray; top with pork and remaining onion mixture. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over top.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Onion-Herb Pork Chops
Sort By :
I gave it a big YES! Very tasty and portions good for 2.