Onion Herb Bread Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, rosemary, salt, dill, garlic powder, onion and 1 cup of flour. Beat until smooth. Add the remaining flour and stir for about 1 minute.
- 2. Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Stir the batter down, about 25 strokes. Spread into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (12 servings).
1 slice: 108 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Onion Herb Bread
"I have been baking this bread for the better part of 10 years and was disappointed that there are no ratings yet; I will gladly be the first! This bread is easy and flavorful and bakes with a wonderful aroma. I would suggest using sweet onions and chopping them extremely fine - as it bakes they will impart a delicate, sweet flavor. Enjoy!"